This past weekend was the All-American Tradition / biggest game of the year a.k.a. The Super Bowl…
As some of you know, Chili, in its many varieties, is a great Super Bowl dish. So since I live in the great USA I joined the tradition and created my own Chili recipe, which includes…everybody at once…RUM!!!!
Yesterday we had a 52nd Super Bowl party for two..so I of course cooked for my wife…I made her my not-so-famous but incredibly tasty:
Captain Tony’s Caribbean Spiced Chili ©
We used all organic ingredients and one of the top-rated spiced RUM in our recipe which I included below for your enjoyment…
If you want to make an unusual chili this is the recipe for you. A combination of beans, chicken, spiced RUM, a touch of brown sugar, sweet yellow peppers, sweet vidalia onions with a spicy curry sauce…give it a try!
- 2 lbs. organic ground chicken
- 4 tablespoons extra vrgin olive ol
- 1 large organic vidalia sweet onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 organic jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large organic sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 large cans of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 large can organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large can organic Garbanzos (Chick Peas), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (organic)
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (organic)
- 2 teaspoons organic paprika
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Jamaican curry powder
- 3/4 cup Spiced rum, of your choice – we used Brinley Gold Shipwreck Spiced Rum
- Sea Salt to taste
- In a large pan add olive oil, garlic, onions, jalapeño and yellow pepper and stir fry…
- Add some more olive oil to the pan and cook the chicken until browned…
- On a large deep pot add all the other ingredients…
- Simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
This is outstanding chili if you are looking for something different. Get the flavor of the Islands with this one! My family and friends love it… I hope you will too!