If you want to make an unusual chili this is the recipe for you. A combination of beans, chicken, dark rum, brown sugar, sweet yellow pepper, sweet onion with a spicy curry sauce…give it a try!
Ingredients – always use the best quality ingredients you can find…
- 2 lbs. Purdue Ground Chicken
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large can (29oz) GOYA Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large can (29oz) GOYA Garbanzos (Chick Peas), drained and rinsed
- 1 large VIDALIA sweet onion, chopped
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 large Sweet Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons BADIA Jamaican curry powder (TO TASTE)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Captain Morgan’s BLACK spiced rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- Cilantro, sour cream, cheese for garnishing (Optional)
- In a large pan add some olive oil, garlic, onions and peppers and stir fry until soft.
- On a large deep pot add all the other ingredients .
- When the onions and peppers are soft add them to the other ingredients in the pot and stir often.
- Add some more olive oil to the pan and cook the chicken until browned.
- Once chicken is cooked add it to the other ingredients in the large pot and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- When serving the chili, top with cilantro, sour cream and cheese.
This is outstanding chili if you are looking for something different. Get the flavor of the Islands with this one! My family and friends loved it… I hope you will too!